Wave!! (波!!) is a multimedia project, announced at the "WAVE!! Wonderful Party 1st Event" on August 17, 2019 at the Ichikawa City Cultural Hall venue. Since then, it has been producing a wide variety of content, such as a radio show, drama CDs, music, and comics. There is also a television anime adaptation. The first movie aired October 2nd, 2020.
The animated films are based on various CDs and a radio show from the Wave!! franchise.
Wave!! takes place in the city of Ōarai in Ibaraki prefecture. It revolves around Masaki Hinaoka and a transfer student Shō Akitsuki. They meet before the summer break and Masaki starts surfing because of his new friends. He gets to know a lot of new friends through surfing and will also drift apart from them again during their journey to adulthood.
Cast and Characters
- Tomoaki Maeno as Masaki Hinaoka
- Jin Ogasawara as Shō Akitsuki
- Yoshiki Nakajima as Nalu Tanaka
- Takuya Satō as Kosuke Iwana
- Yusuke Shirai as Yūta Matsukaze
- Shun'ichi Toki as Naoya Kido
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Rindō Fuke
- And Showtaro Morikubo as Sōichirō William Mori
List of Films
- Character design: Yomi Sarachi
- Project development: Love&Art
- Supervision provided by the Nippon Surfing Association, supervision cooperation of Surf Magazine, and cooperation of Murasaki Sports.
- Production: MAGES